Susanna Cork, who goes by the stage name SuRie, has been chosen as the UK’s Eurovision act for 2018. She will perform the song ‘Storm’ at the contest which will be held in Lisbon on May 12th.
Here’s the top 5 things you need to know about this year’s shot at Eurovision success:
1) She has already performed at two previous Eurovision contests! Proving herself to be a die-hard Eurovision fan, the 28-year-old Essex born singer featured as a backing dancer for Belgium’s ‘Loic Nottet’ in 2015 and was a musical director for Belgium’s ‘Blanche’ last year.
2) She has also previously sung back-up vocals for both Will Young and Chris Martin.
3) She started writing music when she was just 12 years-old and went onto graduate from the Royal Academy of music.
4) Despite having strong roots in music, she didn’t write her own Eurovision song as ‘Storm’ was written by Nicole Blair, Gil Lewis and Sean Hargreaves.
5) When she isn’t making music, our 2018 Eurovision hopeful likes to spend time with her new puppy, posting copious pictures of the pup to her Instagram account.