Prince Philip has spent his third night in hospital after being admitted on Tuesday after feeling unwell.
According to The Guardian, Prince Philip, who is 99 years old, was admitted to the King Edward VII’s hospital in London on the advice of his doctor, as a precautionary measure.
There were no reports of visitors arriving at the King Edward VII’s hospital on Thursday. Buckingham Palace has previously said Prince Philip was expected to remain at the hospital for a few days for observation. No update on his condition has been given since.
His condition is not related to the Coronavirus, as reported by The Guardian.
Prince Philip will celebrate his 100th birthday on the 10th of June. His admission to the hospital was a non-urgent one. The Prince arrived at King Edward VII’s hospital by car and was said to be in good spirits and to have walked without any aid.
The Prince received his Covid jab in January, along with the Queen. The two have been spending the pandemic together at Windsor Palace.
The Queen has remained at Windsor Palace.
In their statement, Buckingham Palace said: “His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII’s hospital in London on Tuesday evening.
“The duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s doctor, after feeling unwell.
“The duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.”