- 15 year-old star Coco Gauff has stunned defending champion, Naomi Osaka 6-3 6-4 to reach the fourth-round of the Austrailian Open.
- In another upset, Serena Williams lost in three sets against world number 27, Wang Qiang earlier this morning, in what was her earliest Melbourne defeat since 2006.
- Novak Djokovic eased his way into the fourth round in straight sets against Yoshihito Nishioka.
- Caroline Wozniacki’s incredible career has come to an end as she bids farewell to tennis, following her third-round exit to Tunisian, Ons Jabeur.
- The fourth test in Johannesburg between South Africa and England has been delayed due to rain. The umpires are to inspect the surface at 10:45 am GMT. England currently leads the series 2-1.
- Brighton have secured the permanent signing of midfielder, Aaron Mooy from Huddersfield Town on undisclosed terms. The Australian, 29, has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract after impressing on loan with the Seagulls during the first half of the season.
- Manchester United have accepted a fine of £20,000 after admitting failure to control their players during last Sunday’s 2-0 defeat to Liverpool.
- Liverpool maintained their invincible form in the Premier League on Thursday night, with a 2-1 win away to Wolves. Roberto Firmino scored late on to send the Red’s 16 points clear at the top of the Premier League, with a game in hand.
- In the FA Cup, League One Tranmere shocked Premier League Watford in their third-round replay at Prenton Park. The game finished 2-1, after going into extra-time. The outcome means Tranmere will host Manchester United in the fourth-round.
FA Cup preview:
- League 2 side, Northampton town will host Derby County in the first of two fourth-round fixtures being played tonight.
- Sheffield Wednesday make the trip to west-London, where they will meet fellow Championship side, Queen Park Rangers at Loftus Road.